Saturday, February 20, 2010
It's The Little Things
I have heard it said countless times that it is the little things in life that you treasure most. In light of that one statement, I decided to find little things in my new approach to life that will keep me motivated and on track with my eating and exercising. Here is little thing #1. Last year around this time, we got my mini-van. I was so excited to have a big vehicle. I mean, let's face it, I'm a big girl. And I was just not comfortable at all trying to travel around in our itty bitty car. We bought the van, and I ooh-ed and ahh-ed over it, and then I got in it to drive it for the first time and let out a cry of despair. The seatbelt would not buckle. No matter how many times I twisted and turned and grumbled in humiliated frustration, it refused to meet. So my husband, being the sweetheart that he is, went down to the dealership and got an extender for me. I have been using it ever since. As you know I've been eating better and exercising for just over two months now. I decided that I was going to try and see...just see...if I might be able to get that seatbelt fastened without my extender. And guess what??? It worked!!! I heard the little click and then bounced for joy. I would have danced, but that would have been a bit complicated since I was locked into my seat. Granted, I can't wear the belt comfortably yet because it doesn't allow a lot of movement--you know, for things like breathing. For now, though, I am counting this blessing. I've worked hard for it.
Posted by Christina at 6:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comments:
I'm "bouncing" for joy with you! That's so exciting!
Post a Comment