CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, May 17, 2010

Appreciating Progress

I'm the first to admit that I have a long way to go.  I mean, I still have just over 200 lbs to lose, and sometimes thinking about that is majorly discouraging.  But I decided today that I'm going to celebrate my progress.  If I spend too much time looking at how far I still have to go, I fear that I'll end up psyching myself out and just quitting altogether.  I'm determined that that will NOT happen.  So, today I celebrate me!  I've lost 64 lbs since mid-December.  Did I celebrate me today by eating whatever I wanted?  Nope.  Did I nibble on something sinful?  LOL  Nope.  Because today, I realized that food is fuel.  It's not a reward for a job well done.  It's not a comfort to me when life is hard.  It's not going to pat me on the back and tell me that everything will be alright.  And food certainly won't send up a prayer for me when I need it.  Food is FUEL--that which is necessary to give me the vitamins and minerals and all the other good stuff that my body needs to function.  That's it.  That's all it is.  And that's all I'm going to allow it to be from here on out.

1 comments:

Angie Acapella said...

I can see a GREAT difference! And thank your for your "food is fuel" insight. I need to keep that in mind myself. You're an inspiration...keep it up!